HEVs can have voltages of up to 1000 volts, which presents some hazards for first responders and others working in the crash repair industry. Skillbuild have developed Australia’s first course to train Emergency Services and Crash Repair workers to deal with these voltages safely in their work environments.
This one day course will cover the following;
- Voltage levels in HEVs and how the wiring is placed in the vehicles
- PPE for working on HEV – eg, 1000 volt gloves
- Identifying HEVs
- Safety cut offs built into the vehicle
- Capacitor discharge
- Using emergency cutting equipment
- Swamped/flooded vehicles
- Battery chemistry – why Lithium Ion fires are difficult to extinguish
- Towing, crash repairs and salvage yards
- Storage of damaged vehicles
- AS 5732 Electric vehicle operations – Maintenance and repair
- A physical examination of an electrical vehicle at the venue
- A short 20 question written quiz at the completion of the day to reinforce the course content
Skillbuild will issue a Statement of Attendance to verify that the participant has completed this training and understands the safety issues discussed.
Whilst aimed at ‘practitioners’, this course is also suitable for senior staff, managers and WH&S representatives. There are no formal pre-requisites.
What we provide
- Training Manual listing all the HEVs on the market and their procedures for isolation
- Access to our Dropbox folder with numerous resources continually updated
- Morning tea/lunch with tea/coffee
- Experts in their field delivering the course; Electrician, Engineer and an Auto Technician with EV expertise