We reserve the right to modify or remove portions of this IPP at any time. The IPP is in addition to any other terms and conditions applicable to the website. We do not make any representations about third party websites that may be linked to the website.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our website, particularly information capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”). This IPP governs the way your personal information, obtained through the website, will be dealt with. This IPP will be reviewed periodically so that you are updated on any changes.
- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
- Personal information that visitors submit to our site is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted or for such secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, unless we disclose other uses in this IPP or at the time of collection. Copies of correspondence sent from the website, that may contain personal information, are stored as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
Collecting information on Enrolling Students and persons making enquiries about our services
- As part of enrolling with Skillbuild or making an enquiry about our services, we collect personal information about you for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Enrolment/Enquiry is completely optional. This includes submitting you name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information.
Credit Card Details
- Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted once payment is processed.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites and we review and update our security measures considering current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on your systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
- IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- Cookies and Applets
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If at any time you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us
Links to other sites
- We provide links to websites outside our website as well as third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioners website; privacy.gov.au