All theory is completed in the three day Zoom class. Participants must then attend one of our Centres to complete the practical work or complete a case study for us. All assessment is done in the three day Zoom class. You talk to the Trainer and other participants, so the discussions can be interesting.
Practical Days can be booked through our website –
The course is recognised by the CEC for the Battery Storage Accreditation.
Solar Grid Connect with Battery Storage enables the following possibilities;
- Storing excess generation, especially for customers without access to high feed in tariffs
- Storing power from the grid at lower ‘off peak’ rates and utilising later at higher ‘peak’ times
- Guaranteed supply when the grid is not available or ‘down’ – this may depend on the inverter being used
- Peak shaving for commercial customers to avoid penalties for excess use
- Using ‘time of use’ tariffs if available to reduce network charges
- Different forms of energy storage
- EVs and battery storage
- Quoting, different products
The course will look at customers needs, inverter options, retrofitting of existing grid connected systems, battery maintenance/housing/sizing, Networks Regulations/SIRs and Australian Standards. As part of the practical work, two/three full installations will be completed by the class in our Training Centres. We limit this class to 6 participants. You work on ‘real systems’, and our training is delivered by experts in their field. Importantly, we are Contractors like you, actually doing this work.
All assessment is done in class time except for a ‘pre course’ assignment which is a refresher on the grid connect design and install requirements.
Participants must have access to ASNZS 5033:2021 and ASNZS 5139. These can be purchased cheaper from Standards NZ – https://www.standards.govt.nz/
Participants must be licensed electricians and have completed the Grid Connect Design and Install course for CEC Grid Connect Accreditation.