This course is designed primarily for Auto Electricians and Mechanics who want to further their skills working on Hybrid and Electric Vehicles (H and EVs). A large component of the course is safety requirements working on high voltage DC batteries (defined as greater than 120 volts DC). The ten Units of Competency cover depower and repowering and repair, maintain, diagnose battery systems. Additional units cover air conditioning, motors and controllers.
The training will be delivered through a combination of technical/theoretical training, and workshop practical training where possible. The course covers the essential knowledge and skills required to meet industry requirements. The training is carried out over five days ‘face to face’, 2 days of Zoom theory class with 12 hours of pre-course work done online before the Zoom component.
• Safety working with high voltage DC – procedures, risk assessments and WH&S
• Batteries in Hybrid and EVs – chemistries, wiring and isolation and re-energising
• PPE requirements – gloves, arc flash clothing
• Basic electrical theory and testing procedures
• Low voltage rescue and CPR in the Auto Workshop
• EV components – sockets, inverter/converter, battery pack, controller, instruments
• Battery systems in EVs – removal, isolation, replacement and re-installation
• Charging systems and charging options
• Practical work for 5 days in the workshop working on two different EVs which includes working on the battery pack
Upon successful completion, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment. The course delivers the following nationally accredited Unit of Competencies from the Automotive and Training Packages;
A Certificate III in Automotive/Automotive Electrical or equivalent.
Feel free to ring us on 1800059170 if you have any questions.
• Venues – our Training Centres in Sydney, Albury and customers workshops. We can run this course anywhere in Australia as long as we have access to a workshop with a hoist for two days.
• 12 hours online work before the course
• Five days ‘face to face’ 7.30am – 4.00pm
• Maximum of 8 participants per course
Cost – $4980 + GST which includes a pair of 1000 volt gloves and leather outers.