This course is for non-electricians who want to obtain Design Grid Connected Systems. We expect participants to complete the whole course and also do an additional practical day to complete the pre-requisites outlined below.
Units of Competency
The two Units we deliver are:
- UEERE0022 – Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems
- UEERE0011 – Design grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems
- Pre-requisite Units for UEERE0022:
- UEECD0016 Document and apply measures to control WHS risks associated with electrotechnology work
- UEECD0043 Solve problems in direct current circuits
- UEECD0025 Lay wiring/cabling and terminate accessories for extra-low voltage (ELV) circuits
- Formal qualifications in Engineering
- Verifiable evidence of employment in the renewable energy industry
- Completion of some pre-course work on basic electrical theory (for those with no electrical background). We email this to you before the course.
- Possession of the following; ‘White Card’, CPR and First Aid qualification (within the last 2 years)
How do I enrol?
- Look on our website for dates for Solar Grid Connect Design and Install course. Make sure that you outline your qualifications and write ‘Design only’ in the comment box. Please ring us beforehand to discuss the course.
Theoretical training is carried out over four days as a Zoom class. Participants must then attend one of our Centres to do the practical work.