A course to enable Clean Energy Council Accreditation for designers and installers.
Stand Alone Power Systems Gap Course
A course for Electricians who have completed the Grid Connect and Battery Storage Skills Sets. This course covers the design and installation of Stand Alone Power Systems.
This course is designed for electrical tradespeople with an unrestricted license and Solar Grid Connect and Battery Storage training. The units covered in this course meet the requirements for Stand Alone Accreditation with the Clean Energy Council.
The training will be delivered through a combination of technical/theoretical training, and workshop practical training where possible. The course covers the essential knowledge and skills required to meet industry requirements. The training is carried out over 4 days.
Upon successful completion, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment listing the four Units of Competency covered in the course.
- Energy Audits
- Customer expectations and modifying consumption
- Site Surveys
- AC and DC coupling (or both)
- Different Inverter choices
- Different Battery Chemistry choices
- Battery enclosures
- Quoting and Terms and Conditions
- Wind and Hydro Designs
- Generator sizing and wiring
- Cable , fuse/circuit breaker sizing
- Solar Pumping Design
- Standards – ASNZ 4509, 3000 and 5139
- 12 volt systems
- Solar pumping install with a ground mount system
- SMA Sunny Island
- Selectronic SP Pro
- Lead Acid and Lithium batteries
- Wiring generators to inverters
- Commissioning and Maintenance
|Units of competency||Unit Code||Unit Title|
|125A is part of the Grid Connect Course and so participants will have this unit
|UEENEEK123A||Carry out basic repairs to renewable energy apparatus|
|UEENEEK125A||Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus|
|UEENEEK128A||Solve problems in stand alone renewable energy systems|
|UEENEEK134A||Install ELV stand alone photovoltaic power systems|
|UEENEEK139A||Design stand alone renewable energy (RE) systems|
This is a technical course and electrical knowledge is assumed. The course is designed for people already employed in the electrical field, in particular electricians who have done the Grid Connect and Battery Storage Skills Set.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Unrestricted Electrical License
2. Previous attendance and completion of a Grid Connect Design and Install course and a Battery Storage Course.